A plea to the remaining single in the world
As a self proclaimed relationship expert and the constant go-to-girl for any relationship in crises I sometimes fear I’ve UN intentionally created a blockade of other people’s mistakes to keep me from having to get my own hands dirty in the love game. Now weather this has kept me a few steps ahead or behind my colleagues in this process of finding happily ever after I wasn’t sure... That is until the invitations started to arrive.
If I see one more wedding, bridal shower, or engagement invitation in my mail box I swear I’ll scream. If I have to be introduced to one more new boyfriend or spend another evening going over the pros and cons of a would-be Mr. Right I’m going to start looking into a mute convent one that doesn't allow email or postage from people in the happy couple bubble.
I always felt like there were a few steps between my friends and me in the land-o-happily-ever-after but I never bothered to take a good look at the game board till recently.
Apparently here was my mistake, while my friends went in search for there true loves I’ve been in search for my perfect song, job, concert, meal, and life.
-- The mission tries everything at least once to weed out the bad ones and find something I’m passionate about. Sadly I fear my side trip on finding your own personal happiness has left me as the token single friend, the one always attending the happy couple’s events as a single rider on the relationship marry-go-round.
I wonder sometimes where was I when everyone I know started paring off into Mr. and Mrs. I’d think I would have gotten that invitation for the pairing off event, but apparently I missed the notice amongst the envelops in my mail box, dame you junk mail… or rather.
I’m 23 my friends and cousins and the people I grew up with are in there 20’s we are a generation born into perpetual divorce and marital misery and yet everyone I know is jumping on to the marriage/long-term relationship-ship head first. Never taking into account weather or not they are driven by logic or a simple need to be happily ever after even if they aren’t sure they are happy just yet. and while i'm happy for those who have found there would be prince charming so early in the game i know that not everyone stays that way. So if they do remain happy and sappy and lovey dovey from now till eternity heres to them. but to those simply trying to compete in the game heres my advice.
Embrace the single rider seat. it may not be the most enjoyable ride but at least your sure you like who your riding with. so for now I will remain proudly the single friend on everyone’s seating chart. and while it may not make it easy to find me a table at your next dinner party I’m happy to say that for now my mission to find the perfect song, the perfect drink, the perfect job, and the perfect life is in full swing so if Mr. Right-for-me wants to make his appearances he’s going to have to find me because for now this busy girl has a few projects to finish up and a whole list of to-do’s to get started on.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home