Dating and Mating

A Blog about Life love and the stupid things people do in realtionships, a blog about the world the way I see it.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

On your Breast Behavior

I got my breasts when I was 8 years old, and ever since then, people have chosen to talk to them instead of me.

The average person will introduce themselves to my breasts, ask their name and then casually look up for some response from my mouth.

In some cases people have had full conversations with my chest and not once looked up to see if I'm a blonde, a brunette or if I've died my hair green. It can be a bit annoying.

Now I know it's a rare thing to find a 21-year-old woman in this world with natural 36 DDs but what can I say?

I am blessed.

Or cursed depending on how you look at it.

I spent most of my early teen years doing everything in my power to cover them up, including wearing big T-shirts or jackets in order to get people to look up when they spoke to me. But, alas, that didn't seem to work.

By the time I was a sophomore in high school, I gave up hiding my chest and embraced the fact that I would forever be well endowed.

But this only seemed to cause more problems. Suddenly, instead of simply having people talk to my breasts, they started asking questions like, "Wow. Those are real?" or, "What size are you? "

I also started a life-long battle with the "morality police" who tell me daily what I'm wearing, from a v-neck to a turtleneck, is too revealing and is causing a "distraction."

I've actually been told to put them away.

A lovely thought.

Where would you like me to put them? In my purse? In my car? I don't have a box in my closet labeled "chest."

I didn't ask for them and to be totally honest or if given the choice, I wouldn't mind getting them to shrink down a bit.

However, seeing as surgery is a high price to pay for something that is only going to get bigger as time passes, I've accepted my fate.

Still, there are women who are willing to go under the knife for what I have.

I've known my share of women who've gotten breast implants and even more who've told me, "I'll take whatever you get rid of."

But those of us who are born with them don't enjoy them nearly as much as those who paid for them.

Honestly, there are a lot of hardships associated with being a big- chested woman.

It causes back pain, your clothing is always getting stretched out and it's hard to find a living person, man or woman, who hasn't at one point or another stared at your chest.

I'm not saying that the world needs to suddenly change and stop staring because, lets face it, that's never going to happen.

But an upward glance every now and then would be appreciated. So on behalf of all the big cheats out there: Say hello to my face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home